Hepatitis Bs

Dear Doc, my blood report said tat my Hep Bs Antigen is Positive, and the doctor ask me to return after six months for the test of H Bs Antigen, H Bs E Antigen and Liver Enzyme. My question is why i have to wait for 6months? those checking is for what purpose? So, does it mean that my current situation is safe? What should i do to prevent transmit it to my partner? Can i still live as normal life? What is the different of Reactive & Positive? What is Antibody is Negative or Deactive? Pls advice Doc. TQ

Your physician is considering the possibility of your surface antigen clearing in six months. If not, then you will be considered a HBV carrier based on the surface antigen. You should have serial monitoring of your hepatitis B e antigen, e antibody, HBV DNA (virus level) and liver function tests to get a better idea on how active your disease is. I would certainly get liver function tests at this time.

Your partner should be evaluated for a HBV vaccine.

If you do eventually need treatment, there are many good drugs avaialble.

Lupus & HCV TX
type of hepatitis