Interferon-Induced Hypothyroidism

What are your thoughts about this long-term, especially if the interferon/ribavirin worked? I'd never had a TSH before, so who knows if I had a thyroid problem previously, but my TSH was as high as 80 during treatment. On levothyroxine, they got it down to 6.2; but I went off it gradually to see if the problem was going to remain or not (this was about four months after completion of the HCV regimen). About two months after quitting the levo, my TSH was up to 27; so I started popping the pills again. My question specifically would be: do you find that some people do right themselves and get back into the "normal range" further out from the end of the interferon? I've read of a few cases where that's happened. I've been contemplating finishing up all my refills and then quitting again for a few months, and see what my TSH's like then. I'm guessing it surely won't go back up to 80, though of course 27 isn't that great either. Also, what do you think about taking a levo periodically, i.e. weekly like the pegintron--is anything anytime better than nothing, or is it really just better to keep the levels steady by dosing daily?

I wouldn't go on and off drug. Your physician can tell by your blood tests if your thyroid is working again. The chance of it working again are not high.

Hep C
hep b immunity panel