Sep 9, 2007
My sister has been diagnosed with end stage liver disease. She requires perioncentisis every three days. She is lucid at times but extremely irritable at other times. Is there a listing on the progression of this disease? It would help me plan her financial affairs and select the best treatment. She is currently cycling between hospital and nursing home care
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is time to discuss these issues with her primary physician and your social worker on the case since her clinical status seems very advanced.
Hepatitis B Treatment During Pregnancy
- Boost Immune System For Hiv Patients
- What To Do About Feeling Fatigued And Dizzy With Hep C?
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Autoimmune Disease That Causes Thrush
- Does Antihistamine Affect Hiv Testing?
- How Rapidly Can One Die From Hiv If Treatment Starts Too Late?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.