Hepatitis B Treatment During Pregnancy
Sep 9, 2007
Hi, I was diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B about 10 years ago and recently my doctor said that I have a high level of HBV DNA and high level of liver chemistries and viral load. She recommended that I get treatment right away. However, I am trying to get pregnant and was wondering if the oral treatment that she's recommending will affect the developing fetus in any way. Thanks,
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should see a specialist in this area for further counseling. This is somewhat complex issue and difficult to answer by the internet.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.