|Hepatitis C immunity?
Sep 9, 2007
I know once you had Hep A or B and cleared the virus naturally after the acute infection you are immune and can never get the virus again. But I know that there is a 20% chance for Hep C to be cleared after an acute infection, and if that happens are you immune as well or can you still get reinfected?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Great question. If you clear hepatitis C, you can still get it again after reexposure. I have seen this several times.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.