Very Concerned regarding Hepatitis B and C

Please if you can answer my question I would truly appreciate it! My doctor seems absolutely clueless and I'm extremely worried. I was tested 2 months after a possible exposure for Hep B and C. The Hep C tested for anti-bodies and was negative. The Hep B tested for surface antigens(HBsAg)and was negative as well. Can I rule out both these infections or do I need continuous testing? Is Hep C transmitted through sex? Blood was not present during sex. I have been having light colored stools and a itchy palm which I know are symptoms of Hepatitis. Please if you can put my mind at ease I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

After two months, I suspect you will be in the clear. If these tests were done for a questionable risk, then you may stop here. If there was a significant risk, then you will want to pursue testing again at six months to be certain. Hepatitis C antibody is usually positive by 8 to 12 weeks in the majority of cases.

HepB
HBsAg and HBsAb - how?