Sep 9, 2007
I am a 22yr old male and i was tested for HepB. Does this mean that I would have Hep until i die and how long can u live with it. My doctor told me that i must check back in six months. Does this mean I will have to check back in every six months thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have chronic infection you will need follow up every six months for surveillance and possible treatment in the future.
HBsAg (ELISA) Testing
Very Concerned regarding Hepatitis B and C
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Safety Pin?
- Does Lambskin Condom Look Different From Latex?
- How Long Does Ars Sore Throat Last?
- How Many CD4 Cells Are Destroyed By HIV Per Year?
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
- When Do Early HIV Symptoms First Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.