another question reguarding testing...

First I wanted to thank you for your quick response to my other question entitled exposure during surgery, I really appreciate it.

my other question is..what type of testing can I get done and how long do I have to wait??

at the laboratory I went to they told me I had to wait three months after an exposure for it to be accurate, but is that my only option?

they also told me I could get blood drawn monthly to see if there were any changes to my liver and that by three months if I was hep c positive by then it would show some type of elevation, I believe the test is called smac? how accurate is that test??

thanks in advance and I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the issue.

I am sorry but I don't remember your past question since I answer so many questions on this website.

I suspect you are asking about HCV testing. Yes 3 months after an exposure is fine. I believe they are referring to liver function tests in the meantime to see if they become abnormal. This is completely reasonable, since liver function tests usually become abnormal with acute hepatitis infections. If they are abnormal, then you could move up the other testing.

HCV and delyed HIV seroconversion
mucous membranes