HCV and delyed HIV seroconversion

Dear doctor. My partner has recently been diagnosed with HCV. At the time of the diagnosis the clinician gave him an HIV antibody test which was negative. He had also previously had an HIV antibody test around four months ago and an HIV antigen test seven weeks ago. Both were negative. He is very worried that the presence of the HCV could cause a delay in HIV seroconversion which has then resulted in the HIV tests he has had showing false negatives. Please could you help. Thank you.

When you mention the HIV antigen test - I wonder if you mean an HIV RNA test. There is only one case of delayed seroconversion that I am aware of. It sounds like he is out of the woods by the timing of the tests he has had.

hepa b and oral sex
another question reguarding testing...