|please interpret my uncle's result
Sep 9, 2007
Hbs antigen- reactive
Hbs antibody- non-reactive
HBc antibody- reactive
HBe antigen- non-reactive
HBe antibody- reactive
IgM Antibody for hepa A- non-reactive
HCV test "routine"- non-reactive
HBc antibody (IGM) non-reactive
the whole family is very much worried. thanks to you and more power.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your uncle may be a carrier of hepatitis B but I cannot tell if his disease is active or not. He should have liver function tests and a HBV DNA level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diffuse Sensory Motor Periphery Neuropathy
- Is It Harder For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Where Are The Swollen Glands Located In An Hiv Patient?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Hiv And Acne
- Are Cold Sores A Symptom Of Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.