|please interpret my uncle's result
Sep 9, 2007
Hbs antigen- reactive
Hbs antibody- non-reactive
HBc antibody- reactive
HBe antigen- non-reactive
HBe antibody- reactive
IgM Antibody for hepa A- non-reactive
HCV test "routine"- non-reactive
HBc antibody (IGM) non-reactive
the whole family is very much worried. thanks to you and more power.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your uncle may be a carrier of hepatitis B but I cannot tell if his disease is active or not. He should have liver function tests and a HBV DNA level.
need your expert opinion
Would my son be able to catch Hepatitis a ....
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can Hiv Enter Body Through Nails And Nail Bed?
- Does Fever During Hiv Ars Come And Go?
- Does Syphilis Affect Hiv Test?
- HIV Risk Unprotected Vaginal Sex For A Few Seconds
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.