why can't i give blood?
Sep 9, 2007
I found out when i tried to give blood this year that I had the Hep B antibody with no acute infxn. I gave you the lab results and confirmed this. So if i'm not able to give it to anyone, why won't i be able to give blood?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are rules in the blood bank that patients with hepatitis B, whether inactive or not, can no longer donate blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Current Events On Std's
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.