What does this result mean?
Sep 9, 2007
Hep A Ab, IgM-negative, Hep A Ab, Total-positive, HBsAg Screen-negative, Hep B Core Ab, Total-negative, Hep B Surface Ab-157.0 mIU/mL, HCV Ab-0.3 s/co ratio
Why I have positive result on Hep A Ab total?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You probably had hepatitis A as a child or adolescent in the distant past. Hepatitis A is transmitted by contaminated food or water. Alternatively, the antibody can occasionally become positive after recent hepatitis A immunization (if you were recently vaccinated).
Your hepatitis B panel is consistent with past vaccination as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.