Sep 9, 2007
I was tested for all sorts of STDs and when the results came back I was 100% clean except it said I tested positive for Hep.B. When i read what this meant at the bottom, it said that i may have had it at an earlier time... does this make sense or should I get it checked out?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would suspect that your laboratories showed a reactive Hepatitis B core antibody and a reactive Hepatitis B surface antibody. If that is the case, this would be consistent with past exposure.
What's hepatitis AB?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
- When You Get Herpes Does It Show Right Away?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Color Is Discharge From Herpes?
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.