|hep c/ hiv
Sep 9, 2007
hi i had a hiv test at 5 moths neg with a pcr at 6 weeks after potential risk blood on cut. then hep c test 3 month neg. I have symptoms i know the guy has hep.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you now have symptoms of hepatitis (nausea, vomiting, fatigue, jaundice, poor appetite) then I would get testing for hepatitis C again. I would probably order HCV RNA, HCV antibody and liver function tests. If your physician thinks it is too early to retest antibody, I would do the other two tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.