Aug 27, 2007
Has stage IV hep c, going on the transplant list. how long do people usually live after a transplant and why do most get reinfected after a transplant?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not an expert in liver transplantation because I am not a surgeon. However, there is hope with a new liver certainly. As you correctly point out, recurrent HCV is the rule and not the exception. There are new protocols trying to determine if treating for HCV after liver transplant may be helpful.
HCV and alcohol consumption
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Are Muscle Aches In Legs A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Crystal Meth Use And HIV Drug Interactions
- How Much Blood Is Required To Cause HIV Through Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.