Aug 27, 2007
Has stage IV hep c, going on the transplant list. how long do people usually live after a transplant and why do most get reinfected after a transplant?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not an expert in liver transplantation because I am not a surgeon. However, there is hope with a new liver certainly. As you correctly point out, recurrent HCV is the rule and not the exception. There are new protocols trying to determine if treating for HCV after liver transplant may be helpful.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.