|HCV and alcohol consumption
Aug 27, 2007
Is any amount of alcohol consumption harmful to HCV patients, i.e., 2 ounces of wine per week, or must the level of consumption be more substantial?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No one knows the exact amount of alcohol that determines risk of contribution to fibrosis progression of the liver. However, the amount you quote sounds low to me and probably safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- White Bumps On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.