Hep c stage 1

my friend and husband both have Hep C, his is under control right now, but she was told her's is stage 1, but everything is fine. Is stage 1 okay?

I consider treatment for stage 1 if the patient is willing to go on therapy and there are no contraindications for therapy.

Alternatively, if the patient wants to hold off on therapy for now, that is entirely safe since the disease is early and progression is over years.

I would avoid alcohol use in the meantime if therapy is not pursued and would keep weight under control since obesity is associated with fatty liver and disease progression.

I would get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B.

Contradictory Hepatitis Profile
Hepatitis Bs Antigen