|Contradictory Hepatitis Profile
Aug 19, 2007
Dr. McGovern, I can not make sense of these results. Can you clarify please? thank you very much! Hep B e Surface Antigen (-) Hep B Surface Antigen (-) IgM Antibody to Hep B core Antigen (-) Total Antibody to Hep B core Antigen (-) Antibody to Hep e Antigen (-) Antibody to Hep B Surface Antigen (-) It seems there are conflicting results. I am negative for Hep B BUT does this mean I have had an exposure and my body has cleared itself. I do not have the antibodies even though I WAS vaccinated for Hep B in 2005. Thank you a million times over.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You need a test for HB surface antibodies to check for immunity.
what are normal liver enzymes
Hep c stage 1
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Deep Mouth To Mouth Kiss Cause Hiv?
- Condom No Ejaculation Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.