A light that slowly fades

Greetings Dr. McGovern

First of all let me apologize if this question does not belong to this forum, but i saw the "Hepatitis and HIV Coinfection" sign and started to wonder... Anyway the thing is that I had this low risk exposure 12 weeks ago (unprotected insertive oral sex) and recently I got a negative result from a fourth generation HIV test. The question that rambles in my head is: what colud be the impact of a Hepatitis (or any other STI) and HIV Coinfection in the tests result. Would that event (the coinfection) expand the window period up to 6 months and make my 12 week negative a false negative?

Be well

Many people ask this question.

The testing window for HIV does not change even when there was a potential exposure to hepatitis virus.

The window for HCV testing increases if the patient develops acute HIV infection since this event was demonstrated to lead to a longer time to seroconversion in a single case report.

Hepatitis c a1
HIV detection & hepatitis B vaccine