Please please please clarify so i can sleep

Hep C is easier to contact than HIV correct? A significant portion of HIV positive people have Hep C correct? Seroconversion for BOTH illnesses can in many cases be delayed if coinfecion ocurrs. Taking this into account and the likelihood a victim of HIV could EASILY have contacted HEP C at the same time, it only seems reasonable and responsible to extend the window period out to further than 6 months. CDC clearly states that coinfected individuals should test beyond the traditional 6 month window period. So how does anyone know they have been coinfected unless they extend testing beyond 6 months? Someone might just assume they are fine after getting a 3 month or 6 month test and not even realize that have been coinfected since the tests would show negative. Am I right?

I know there has to be a reason for the current guideline but the whole system doesn't make since when you consider my above statement. Please point out what im missing. Your guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

You ask a good question. The CDC recommends further testing when the patient has developed HIV infection - not in all patients potentially exposed. This is due to one case report in a single patient who took longer to develop hepatitis C antibodies after they developed HIV infection.

bites and hbv transmission
Diagosed + for Hep B, pregnant, and freaking out a bit