|Concerned about Hepatitis C
Aug 19, 2007
My 6 year-old son cut his finger when he was playing toys with other kids, bleeding stopped one minute later, and I cleaned the wound with alcohol and put a band aid on it. My son immediately played water gun for a while, the band-aid was wet and his wound was swollen and red. If he caught small amount of hepatitis C virus from the toys, will the swollen help the Hepatitis C virus infection? Should we be more cautious in the future to prevent hepatitis C infection? Thank you for your answer.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not consider this a risk and would not advise testing.
Acture to Chronic
Hep C infection after placing a feeding tube
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.