Concerned about Hepatitis C
Aug 19, 2007
My 6 year-old son cut his finger when he was playing toys with other kids, bleeding stopped one minute later, and I cleaned the wound with alcohol and put a band aid on it. My son immediately played water gun for a while, the band-aid was wet and his wound was swollen and red. If he caught small amount of hepatitis C virus from the toys, will the swollen help the Hepatitis C virus infection? Should we be more cautious in the future to prevent hepatitis C infection? Thank you for your answer.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not consider this a risk and would not advise testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.