Aug 19, 2007
I had a test for Hep C. After I got the negative results I found out that the blood had been sitting at the lab for a week prior to testing. Will this effect the results?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Antibody testing should not be affected. HCV RNA testing is different and must be handled carefully or the RNA will degrade.
If you have any concerns, you can always call the laboratory itself and ask questions about specimen handling for reassurance.
severe reaction to Ribavirin
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.