Aug 19, 2007
I had a test for Hep C. After I got the negative results I found out that the blood had been sitting at the lab for a week prior to testing. Will this effect the results?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Antibody testing should not be affected. HCV RNA testing is different and must be handled carefully or the RNA will degrade.
If you have any concerns, you can always call the laboratory itself and ask questions about specimen handling for reassurance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Genital Warts On Your Butt?
- How Soon Can You Detect Std's?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.