HCV in a new partner

I have been seeing a guy not yet having sexual intercourse and he has just told me he has hcv. I am worried that I will eventually get it from him if I stay with him. I have strong feelings for him and don't want to leave him. He has gone through the treatments. The person will always have HCV but is there a stage when it is dormant that it's unlikely to pass on as easy through sexual intercourse and oral sex. Is a condom necessary for the life of the relationship? Hoping someday I will be able to have his kid with no problems.

If he has taken treatment and he attained a sustained virologic response, then he does not have virus in his blood and cannot pass it onto you.

If the treatments didn't work, the risk of sexual transmission is about 1 to 3 percent. Condoms reduce that risk and the risk of any other STD.

When it comes time to having a baby, you can seek the advice of a fertility specialist about conceiving and avoiding infection.

Is there any risk?
pls help