hep b and kissing

I need some specific info about this and our intent to continue our budding relationship. We have had sexual contact but no penitration. I have performed oral on her and she I. I was vacinated thru the military in late '98 for the first 2 and early '99 for the last of the 3 series. I'm I at great risk from the contact we have engaged in? We only did this once and I understand that once is all it takes. Do I need to be tested and if so where would you suggest. I'm retired and have access to the military health system. We would like to take our relationship to the next level and I need to know how safe am I. Will I have to use a condom? Please help here we just found out today that she is a carrier.

CDC responce "The vaccine is 80 percent to 100 percent effective in preventing infection or clinical hepatitis in those who receive the complete course of vaccine."

Yes the hepatitis B vaccine is extremely safe and effective. I would get your hepatitis serologies checked and if you have never been exposed, I would get vaccinated.

It is also unclear if she has virus in her blood (viremia) even IF she is a "carrier". If she has viremia, she should see a physician to evaluate whether or not she needs treatment.

Condoms are your safest bet to prevent transmission of any sexually transmitted disease.

hep c 1a
hepb and residency