Aug 8, 2007
Hey doc, me and my boyfriend were having oral sex when i accidently nicked him with my teeth, no condom. We are both aware that he has Hepatitis C. I have read many websites regarding sex and Hepatitis C. I just feel a little uneasy this time because He bled. My boyfriend has had himself checked out by his doc previously and doc said he is 2 points out of normal other than that he is healthy. I know it is blood to blood contact. But if you ingest blood that may be infected with Hep C virus, can i get it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No I would not expect that ingestion of blood would put you at risk.
Your boyfriend should have hepatitis C RNA drawn. If he has persistent virus in his blood, I would recommend a consult with a hepatologist or infectious disease expert in HCV and consideration of a liver biopsy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.