|hcv sexual transmission
Aug 8, 2007
when you say you can get hepatitis c through sex does this mean there would have to be blood to blood contact during sex to get infected or that you can get it from unprotected sex alone?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You can get hepatitis C from sex uncommonly. It does seem to be associated with certain risk factors, such as sex with trauma or sex in the setting of an ulcer from a sexually transmitted disease. So there is a suggestion that yes - it is the exposure to blood or broken skin that increases the risk of transmission.
- Ear Infection Sign Of HIV Infection
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.