|hcv sexual transmission
Aug 8, 2007
when you say you can get hepatitis c through sex does this mean there would have to be blood to blood contact during sex to get infected or that you can get it from unprotected sex alone?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You can get hepatitis C from sex uncommonly. It does seem to be associated with certain risk factors, such as sex with trauma or sex in the setting of an ulcer from a sexually transmitted disease. So there is a suggestion that yes - it is the exposure to blood or broken skin that increases the risk of transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Would You Feel Needle Stick
- How Long After A Risky Sexual Contact Should One Wait To Be Tested For Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv By Having Sex With Your Mother?
- Can You Tell If You Have Hiv From A Regular Gyno Exam?
- Eosinophilic Folliculitis Concerns In Hiv Patients
- What Does The C And T Mean On A Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.