hepatitis c and baby
Aug 8, 2007
what happens to babies born with hepatitis c
Response from Dr. McGovern
The tricky part here is to determine if the baby actually has hepatitis C. Antibodies should not be checked until about 18 months of age, because earlier testing may simply find maternal antibodies that had been passed on to the baby.
If a baby has hepatitis C, the chance of eradicating the virus spontaneously is much much higher than in an adult.
If the infection becomes chronic, then treatment can be considered and treatment is usually very well tolerated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Psoriasis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.