|Father to child transmission
Aug 8, 2007
Is it possible for me to have children with my partner and will the child be healthy? I have hepatitis B however my wife does not and she has been vaccinated.
Response from Dr. McGovern
For you to transmit hepatitis B to your children you would first need to transmit it to your wife. Your wife certainly needs vaccination. That is a top priority. The vaccine works very well. I would also recommend that she have surface antibody levels checked when she has completed the vaccine series to be certain that her levels are adequate.
hepatitis c and baby
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
- Can I Still Work As An Nurse If I Have Hiv?
- Does HIV Symptoms Reappear 6 Months After Exposure?
- Drop Of Hiv Blood In On Broken Skin
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.