Aug 8, 2007
when you say that the risk of transmission of hep c is 1 to 3 percent, does this mean if the partner with hep c is or has gotten treatment or is it 1 to 3 percent even if they have never gotten treatment for hep c?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Even if the partner has never received treatment. The risk of transmitting HCV through sex is low, but not zero. Condoms bring it down to negligible.
can i still be cleared from hepa b? s my condition contagious?
Father to child transmission
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Syphilis Sti
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.