Aug 8, 2007
when you say that the risk of transmission of hep c is 1 to 3 percent, does this mean if the partner with hep c is or has gotten treatment or is it 1 to 3 percent even if they have never gotten treatment for hep c?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Even if the partner has never received treatment. The risk of transmitting HCV through sex is low, but not zero. Condoms bring it down to negligible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.