Aug 8, 2007
just got my lab, and the result are: *HBsAg w/ titer - reactive *anti-HBs - nonreactive *HBeAg - reactive *anti-HBe(reverse)-reactive *anti-HBc IgM - nonreactive *anti-HBc IgG - reactive....
kindly pls interpret this result, and what am i going to do? thanks
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You are chronically infected based on the reactive surface antigen test (HBsAg). I would not expect the anti-HBe and the HBeAg to both be reactive so that is somewhat peculiar.
I would proceed with serial monitoring of liver function tests and check your HBV DNA level to get more information about the activity of your disease.
You will also want to get hepatitis A vaccine if you have not been exposed in the past.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.