Aug 8, 2007
My daughter is 28 weeks pregnant. She is consumed with worry about contracting Hep C. Her boyfriend has Hep C. What is the realistic Exposure window from unprotected Sex?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
She will want to avoid unprotected sex to prevent the risk of acute hepatitis C during pregnancy which would complicate her pregnancy. Although the risk of sexual transmission is low, I would advise condoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.