Aug 8, 2007
My daughter is 28 weeks pregnant. She is consumed with worry about contracting Hep C. Her boyfriend has Hep C. What is the realistic Exposure window from unprotected Sex?
Response from Dr. McGovern
She will want to avoid unprotected sex to prevent the risk of acute hepatitis C during pregnancy which would complicate her pregnancy. Although the risk of sexual transmission is low, I would advise condoms.
Continue HepB antiviral or Pegylated Interferon
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can A Cbc Give A Hint About Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.