Aug 8, 2007
hi dra mcgovern,me and my brother is a hepa-b carrier,my brother take a hepa-b screening and his hepa-b is reactive,he undergo so many contemporary test but,still reactive,he decided to take a diet,for 2weeks he eats sweet beets and carrots,after that he undergo a screening again and found out his hepa-b is nonreactive...is this really possible?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B carriers on occasion can lose their surface antigen. This should be confirmed with later testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.