|about hcv being in semen
Aug 8, 2007
i asked a question about hepatitis c being found in semen and you said yes. but then why do people say its so unlikely to transmit sexually?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Infections can be present in certain body fluids - but that doesn't mean that that particular body fluid is an efficient vehicle for transmission to a particular target cell of the body.
Hep C from a Bowl
- How Long Should A Person Wait After Intercourse To Get An Hiv Test?
- What Would Be The Changes In Nails With Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone In A Pool?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Cause Hearing Loss?
- Why Is Pcr Detection More Sensitive For Hiv Detection?
- What Is Hiv's Affect On Cbc?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.