hepc treatment caused cirrhosis

My Husband went through Pegasys / Copegus treatment in 2004-2005 at that time his liver biopsy showed stage 2 grade 2 after completing the therapy his liver enzymes climbed so the ran tests they found out he had an enlarged spleen and fatty liver the dr waited 2 years & due to his condition worsening they performed another liver biopsy in 2 years it went from grade 2 stage 2 to grade 4 stage 4 & he has some mild decompinsation have you ever heard of the Pegasys / Copegus causing hep c to progress to cirrhosis ?????We were told before he went in for treatment it takes decades of hep c to cause cirrhosis.

I would suspect that his first biopsy was misleading and missed the advanced disease that was already there. Biopsies are considered the "gold standard" although they are known to miss areas of severe fibrosis. It is easy to understand how this can happen since a thin needle biopsy samples such a tiny portion of the liver. A needle this thin can easily miss a nodule of cirrhosis. I suspect he had advanced disease all along.

hep c
Can you re-infect with Hep C after treatment?