HEPATITIS A AB TOTAL
Aug 6, 2007
Hi, I had some blood work done a while back and reviewing it now, all the HEP A ab IgM, HBcAB, HBsAb, HBsAg, HBeAB, HBeAg, Hep C Ab were all negative except for HEP A AB/ TOTAL was positive, at the time the doctor did not mention any concerns, does it mean anything?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It just means that you were exposed in the past. However, hepatitis A does not cause chronic liver disease. It is transmitted through contaminated water or food.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.