|Hep B core and ab
Aug 6, 2007
My wife has recently had the following Hep B test results:
1. Core IgM + 2. Surface Ag - (with confirm -) 3. Surface Ab +
What does this mean and will it have any affect on the possibility of ivf treatment?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The blood tests suggest recent acute hepatitis B infection. Your wife will want to be evaluated by her physician as to the source of her infection and whether any other blood tests should be done to rule out other infections. You should also be tested for hepatitis B since this infection can be sexually transmitted. It appears that her hepatitis B infection is clearing and she will not have a chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.