Vanished Hepatitis B?

I was diagnosed HBV in 1997. It negativized two months later, and a month later I had antibodies. In 1999 I was diagnosed HIV+. I began treatment 3TC, ZERIT, STOCRIN. Now VL is UD and CD4: around 350 Two weeks ago my doctor wanted to have a routin checkup of my liver and to our surprise all the results (antibodies, anticore, and surface antigen) resulted NEGATIVE or NON REACTIVE. Is this possible? Should I repeat the test? Thanx for your cooperation.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Your HBsAb can dissapear from the blood, and still you have inmmunity against the B virus.It is unusual to have the HBcAb also dissapear.In HIV + patients usually the core Ab is present.If this is the case, it has to be secondary to the inmmune derrangements in HIV. As you know for sure that you cleared the virus in 1997,I do not see the need for more testing now.You may want to check it again in a few months.

relief for hep C?
CAN HEPATITIS GIVE A FALSE HIV NEGATIVE