Jul 25, 2007
I had these tests: HBag -positive last February 2007, as well as SGPT-reactive. I had my HBV-DNA this July & result was higher than 110M IU/ml. I've read that if I was in acute Hepa B, it can clear me out from tests after 4months, but I think my HBV-DNA shows I still didn't. Will I still have hopes this is acute? My last medical exam clearing me of this was last 2001. What test could determine if I'm still in acute or chronic? Will I still be treated?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If more than six months have passed from your original infection, then you probably have chronic hepatitis B and will need monitoring and treatment if you develop liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.