Hep C and Pregnancy

I am HIV+ and my wife is HIV-, but she is Hep C+. She is also 10 weeks pregnant. The doctor has mentioned the possibility of her liver malfunctioning and her levels (LPD?-not sure) increasing. What is the significance of this "side-effect" and the dangers associated with it. Also, what are some precuations we should take the next 30 weeks?

I am concerned about your wife's rising liver function tests and would advise talking with your OB/GYN doctor about getting an evaluation by a hepatologist. Sometimes mild elevations can be simply related to the waxing and waning of liver function tests that are normally seen in a patient with HCV. More pronounced elevations can be related also to pregnancy itself and fatty liver.

Hep C Viral Load vs HIV Viral Load