|Hep C exposure
Jul 25, 2007
I had sex with a sex worker in sydney australia using a condom the whole time. At 6 weeks later i started vomiting lost appetite. the GP done a liver function test at 7 weeks and told me that my ALT was 13 and Hep C antibody was too low. An abdominal ultrasound showed a slightly enlarged spleen - 12.89 cm previously 12.1 cm. I reaaly need to know if this is due to infection with hepatitis C, please i am extremely worried and my symptoms have no end
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your ALT was normal at that time that you were having symptoms, it does not appear that you have hepatitis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Floaters After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Touching Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.