|infection with hiv and hepC
Jul 25, 2007
Dear Miss McGovern,
In case a female sexpartner has both HIV and HepC, how big is the chance she will transmit both? I've read that HIV positive people transmit HepC easier. Is this correct?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is a little bit of data that patients with HIV/HCV infection may have an increased chance of transmitting HCV than patients with HCV alone. This may be related to increased levels of HCV in genital fluids or in blood.
Condoms would be the best road in this case.
HCV and HIV co infection
- If You Wear Condom Can You Still Get Hiv?
- Why Do I Get Bacterial Vaginosis After Sex?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm And Igg?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.