Jul 25, 2007
Dear Doctor, My fiancee is a surgeon & was tested for HCV 50 days ago and it was found positive ... he made liver biopsy & it was detected positive too. He took the medication (Interferon and rabavirin) and now he made the blood test to find that HCV is negative... Is he cured ?? please help as my parents disagree on marriage & we are so in love. God bless you angels Lily.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your fiance's blood test remains negative for six months after the end of treatment, then he will be considered "cured" of his hepatitis C.
I wish you and your fiance a good result. Also, HCV is not easily transmitted between monogamous couples. With condoms, risk is near zero.
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.