HCV negative

Dear Doctor, My fiancee is a surgeon & was tested for HCV 50 days ago and it was found positive ... he made liver biopsy & it was detected positive too. He took the medication (Interferon and rabavirin) and now he made the blood test to find that HCV is negative... Is he cured ?? please help as my parents disagree on marriage & we are so in love. God bless you angels Lily.

If your fiance's blood test remains negative for six months after the end of treatment, then he will be considered "cured" of his hepatitis C.

I wish you and your fiance a good result. Also, HCV is not easily transmitted between monogamous couples. With condoms, risk is near zero.

HBSAG+
abacavir