Scared of Hepatitis

I went to the doctor for a routine physical and found out that my AST and ALT levels were extremely high. I had been sick two weeks before. The doctor called me in a week later to re-do the tests and also test for Hepatitis. When the 2nd set of results came back, my enzyme levels were back normal but my HBsAg was positive and so was the Hep. B Core AbIgm? Are chances good that maybe I am in the acute stage and my body is trying to fight this off? Is it possible that my sickness a few weeks ago were my symptoms of initial infection?

I would strongly suspect that your symptoms were related to acute hepatitis B. Most of the time, the infection clears on its own without treatment. You will need follow up to determine that the virus has cleared spontaneously. If your HBsAg is still positive after six months, you have developed chronic infection.

Avoid alcohol while your body is recovering.

You will also want to get testing for HIV just to be sure you have not been exposed.

HBV VACCINE ???
hep c and hiv