|treatment for children?
Apr 11, 2001
I have read of the treatment for hep C for adults but would there be any treatment for a child (5 yrs or younger) who was diagnosed with hep C? Please tell me, i am scared!
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
There is almost no data on treatment for HCV in children.At this moment there is a clinical trial in process, for the pediatric population, with Pegasys.The results will not be available till 2003.-2004.Fortunately, the disease in infants is rare and usually more benign.You need to consider that the disease is of slow progression and takes decades to produce significant damage in the majority of patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.