follow-up

thank you for answering my first question Dr. Mcgovern. please allow me to make a follow-up. since i am an inactive carrier, what shall i do to hopefully clear the virus? or will i remain to be an inactive for the rest of my life?please give some tips on how to live as a hbv carrier..my husband was vaccinated, is he protected if we have an open sex? thank u very much. God bless u all.

One day you may "seroconvert" and lose your surface antigen. Otherwise you may live for years in the inactive state. I would get serial monitoring every six months minimally. I would avoid alcohol

Your husband should be protected if his surface antibody is positive. Check that out with his doctor. Also - your virus level is probably not detectable or in low levels of detection, so the risk is lower than with someone with high levels of virus.

followup q
Hepatatis & Marriage