ast/sgot alt/sgpt

my ast/sgot is 117 (range 4-40) and my alt/sgpt is 241 (range 4-40). I have chronic hepititis b but now my doctor wants to do another test in 3 months. He didn't explain anything and his nurse just gave me a 5 second result call. Infact I had to call them.

My question is how bad are these numbers?

thanks

I would certainly want to test you earlier than that if these are the only blood tests available. I would want to see if the trend is going higher or lower.

The blood tests don't tell us about scarring of the liver. A liver biopsy is helpful in this regard.

Concerned about Hepatitis
HB Question