Jul 15, 2007
my ast/sgot is 117 (range 4-40) and my alt/sgpt is 241 (range 4-40). I have chronic hepititis b but now my doctor wants to do another test in 3 months. He didn't explain anything and his nurse just gave me a 5 second result call. Infact I had to call them.
My question is how bad are these numbers?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would certainly want to test you earlier than that if these are the only blood tests available. I would want to see if the trend is going higher or lower.
The blood tests don't tell us about scarring of the liver. A liver biopsy is helpful in this regard.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.